Friday, April 19, 2013

Pray Like Jabez

Just like many of our friends that we've taught over the years, Jabez was a prayer warrior.  You can hear it in how he prays.

"Jabez was more honorable than his brothers. His mother had named him Jabez, saying, “I gave birth to him in pain.” Jabez cried out to the God of Israel, “Oh, that you would bless me and enlarge my territory! Let your hand be with me, and keep me from harm so that I will be free from pain.” And God granted his request."
 --1 Chronicles 4:9-10 (NIV)

So how do we pray like Jabez?  How do we enter into a sanctuary of prayer with our Lord so that he hears the overflow of our hearts?

We believe it sounds like this:











Father, bless me and these I know and love. 

Bless us with living honorably in every way. Bless us by enlarging our borders, extending our lives and influence for Your greater purposes. May Your hand be with us so we will walk worthy of our calling.

Bless us with Your protection from the evil one and all he tries to bring against us. Grant these requests for the sake of Your kingdom and glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment